October 13, 2010

Better By Design

Sometimes I have to wonder why I do things.  For instance, I design a necklace.  I'm not thrilled with it, but I'm sure that someone will like it, and want to buy it.  People even admire it when they come into my booth.  But it doesn't sell, and it doesn't sell.  What to do?  Well, the answer is obvious.  REDESIGN it!  Take the darn thing apart, and challenge yourself, using the same beads, to make a better necklace.  And viola; it's done!  A better necklace, by design.  Check this out:

Before:               
                
After:
          
Now, I ask you: Which one would you rather wear?  I know my choice (and I do!).  Why couldn't I have designed it this way to begin with?  Well, times change.....

Here's another one:

Before:  (G-d it's awful!  Big and heavy.  Even the photo's bad)


After:  (It's so much better; lighter, more delicate, pretty!)

I just wish I could make the best design the first time, every time.  But this is how an artist keeps improving.   And someday, all my designs will be so appealling that Anbeads jewelry will be worn by everyone, everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment